Friday, November 1, 2013

The NEXT Adventure!!

I promised that I would get back to you with some life updates, so here it goes! The exciting news to tell you is that I am headed to California in January! I have accepted a Pre-K teaching position at a church in Tahoe City, California! I am SO excited and CANNOT wait to go! Throughout my student teaching experience I have been in constant prayer for the Lord to open the door to exactly where/what He wanted me to do once I finished college. He has showered His grace upon me and shown me exactly what He wanted me to do. I am so thankful for that. I admit that at first I was very hesitant and didn't really know if this is what I needed to do. I would be lying if I said that I don't have any fears and doubts... I am very nervous about leaving my family and friends because I am so close to them. I know that this is going to be one of my biggest challenges, but I know that the Lord is going to meet every one of my needs as long as I trust in Him! 

This is not only a Pre-K teaching position, but also a mission opportunity with Tahoe City Baptist Church! One of the most incredible parts of this experience is that it is truly a perfect mesh of my passion for teaching and sharing the love of my Savior! I will be teaching and serving at the church throughout the week, and leading a ski ministry on the weekend at local ski resorts! I am definitely going to have to learn how to ski! I admit the one time I went skiing before, I was terrible at it! Just keep trying, just keep trying; that is what I keep telling myself! My goal is to post on my blog every week in order to keep family and friends updated with my life in California. Please pray for the Lord to continue to prepare my heart and life for this experience as it approaches! I can't wait to tell you how it goes! 

In the upcoming weeks I am will be slowly packing and getting things ready to go! This has already been quite an overwhelming task! Hopefully I will be able to only take the necessities! I have checklists already made and am ready to get packing. I will finish my student teaching next week, and that is when I will really be able to kick things into high gear! I want to be able to have things ready to go so that I can cherish every moment of this holiday season with family and friends! Be back soon with more info! Love and Blessings!

holly

No comments:

Post a Comment