Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2012 Jogging Journey

Being the runner girl that I am, I am currently training for a 5k and a triathalon in August and a 10k in September! I am super excited about these upcoming races! As a form of accountability for myself, I want to take some time each day to update you on the distance I have run and foods that I have eaten. This will be a constant reminder and form of encouragement for me, and hopefully you too, to be healthy! This morning I only ran 2 miles because I woke up a little later than planned and it was already steaming hot outside. I also didn't have my ipod! Ahhhh! That little piece of technology is my life saver when running. Though I didnt run very far today it is okay because yesterday I ran 4 miles and biked 4 miles. It is important not to overwork your body, so therefore the shorter run was probably a good thing for today. Below are my meals for the day! Also remember to check out the Sunday Sampler for some awesome dinner ideas for the week! I don't always eat what is on the Sunday Sampler myself, but I like to create it to give you ideas for a quick and easy dinners! Try to exercise at some point today and remember to drink plenty of water!



Breakfast:
Egg sandwich on whole wheat bread with O'Soy yogurt and a cup of coffee! Great protein and calcium filled breakfast! O'Soy yogurt is organic yogurt that is super healthy for you! Can be bought at most any grocery stores!

Lunch:
For lunch today I  had a bowl of fruit (cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, and strawberries) and a banana. So refreshing and yummy on such a hot summer day!

Dinner:
Today for dinner I just had a sliced tomato with salt and pepper. There is nothing better than a juicy, ripe tomato in July!

happy exercising!
-holly

No comments:

Post a Comment