Sunday, April 21, 2013

Whatever is BIG...He is BIGGER!

Scripture:
Happy Sunday friends! I hope that you have had a wonderful week, and if not, I hope that you relax and enjoy this beautiful day! As I post today I am so excited to tell you some encouraging truths that the Lord has laid on my heart this week! I have to begin by admitting that I am certainly a  "worry wart" kind of girl! It's sad, but true. I'm not sure if it's simply my "type A" personality, or just the fact that I don't ever want to make mistakes, but it is definitely one of my faults. The Lord specifically tells us through His word that worry and doubt is sin, because when doing that, we are not fully trusting Him! I recognize this in my life, and this week I have  really tried to run to the Lord for comfort immediately with any worries or doubts I have. By simply running to Him with any fears that I have, I do not dwell on them, and I am able to find amazing peace and rest! Our God is so good, and this is simply what He wants us to do at all times. He is in control, and believe me, I DO NOT want the control. I have attempted that path before in life, and it did not end up well. I know that the plans that He has for our lives are so much BIGGER and BETTER than anything we could think of!

In all honesty, this is not an easy task at times. There are days that I so desperately want to know all the details and plans He has for me, but I know that He gives me just what I need, exactly when I need it! Therefore, I know that where I am now is exactly where He wants me, and it is my job to embrace it while honoring and glorifying Him! The verse I Timothy 6:6, "Godliness with contentment is great gain." has been so encouraging to me this week. I know that by following His plan for my life, I cannot fail, because His ways are only good. All this to say, no matter what is going on in your life that seems so BIG, He is always BIGGER. This doesn't mean you are going to receive instant peace (though our God can definitely do that), but by staying consistent in your time with Him and running to Him with anything that you fear, He WILL bring you peace. It's hard to give up control because we don't know what is going to happen, but believe me, It will always be good! He does not withhold good from those seeking and yearning for His will for their lives!


A week in review:
Now for some updates! Yesterday was my sisters senior prom! She looked so beautiful and she was also on the prom court! We spent the day surrounded by make up, hair accessories, and lots of laughter! My brother also took a date to prom and he looked quite handsome, if I may say so myself! I will try to post pictures soon, but unfortunately my camera died yesterday and I haven't had time to recharge it yet!

This week is officially my last week of school! Hooray! I am finishing up one last portfolio tonight and will only have one final test to complete. It is unbelievable to me that the semester is already over! It seems like yesterday that I was walking into my mentor teacher's classroom for the first time! I am going to miss this class a lot! Luckily, I get to go on a field trip with them in a couple of weeks, so I will get to see them one last time before summer!

As I prepare for the summer, I have officially begun the "7-week Beach BLOWOUT"! This is a workout/meal plan that I developed for the next 7 weeks, before I go to the beach! I am determined to be toned and in shape for the beach trip and I started it today! Hopefully, I have the will power to stick to the plan, and not give in to unhealthy cravings! Trust me, I have A LOT of them! I just love food too much! It is definitely going to take some determination and sacrifice, but I know that it will be worth it! I just love creating organized plans like this one, though actually following through with it is a different story!


The Strawberry Festival!
The "Smucker Sisters" are back! Yep! This weekend is the 3rd annual Strawberry Festival at Washington Farms! We are so excited to enjoy some fun, music, and delicious strawberries! If you have nothing to do on Saturday, come on out and enjoy it with us! We have some great songs to sing and share with you! There will be lots of activities for all ages to participate in, and again, LOTS of yummy food! (this isn't looking so good for my beach goals...)

That's all for today sweet friends! Go out and spend some time in this beautiful weather! It is the perfect temperature! I hope that you have a great week and remember to embrace wherever the Lord has you! He is the author of your life and loves you so much! Talk to you soon!

Love,
holly

No comments:

Post a Comment