Saturday, April 27, 2013

Focus on the Prize!

Good Morning! What a wonderful day! It's finally Saturday, and I have to admit that I have been looking forward to this day all week long! Last week I told you that the "Smucker Sisters" were going to be performing at the Strawberry Festival today, and unfortunately due to the weather, that has been cancelled :( We are sad, but instead we are going to be able to go to our family reunion in Social Circle! I am excited to see all of my family, and spend a day eating and laughing with one another. I have already had a cup of coffee this morning, and have to admit that I am dragging a little because my friends and I were out a little late last night. This weekend is Twilight, which is a series of bike races downtown throughout the weekend. Last night we had dinner at Depalmas, listened to several bands that played, and concluded our night at Yo Foria! It was delicious!
This morning I have some verses to share with you that I have been studying this week:

"10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,[a] but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." Philippians 3:10-14

"7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." II Timothy 4:7-8

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." Hebrews 12:1-3

In so many ways our life is just like a race. As we run that race, there are things this world throws at us that can easily make us fall, stumble, and want to give up, unless we have Jesus. With Jesus we know that all things are possible, and that He works ALL things together for our good. That means that He works the good things and the bad things together for our benefit because He loves us so much! It is my prayer everyday that the Lord keeps me so close to Him that no matter what this world throws at me, or tries to tear me apart with, I would have faith so strong that I am not even shaken. So often, this is much easier said than done, but the truth is that He is bigger than anything we could possibly face. Therefore, His way is the only way. We do not have God's perspective of our lives and because of that, we often have questions about what He is doing in our lives, but in those moments of question and doubt I simply run to Him. I do this because I know that through Him I CANNOT fail. When I approach the end of my life I want to be able to say these words, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Sometimes I feel myself wanting to give in to my selfish desires and give up on God, but I refuse! I will keep running the race, no matter how hard it is, because I know He has a purpose and plan for my life, whether it makes sense to me or not! The purpose of our lives is not to get everything that we want or desire, but that our desires line up with His, and when that happens, He is ALL we want, nothing more and nothing less! Run your race today! No matter what you are going through, know that is bigger and He has a  purpose for it! On that note, I am putting on my sunning shoes and am headed out the door for a run! I hope that you keep these verses close to your heart this week, and live in complete rest and assurance with our Lord and Savior! Have a blessed day and know that you are loved, treasured, and chosen by our Almighty GOD!

with love,
holly



No comments:

Post a Comment