Tuesday, July 30, 2013

He will NEVER let you go!

As I write this post today, I hope and pray that my sweet Savior helps me to truly communicate with you the many lessons and truths that He has been teaching me over the last several months. I have to be honest and say that I have kind of been avoiding my blog over the last several months due to some “sifting” the Lord has been doing in my life. I would like to begin by saying that I am so blessed to truly know a Savior that loves me unconditionally, and never lets me go no matter where I wander off to in my life. As I am sure all of you know, throughout our lives we go through so many different seasons and situations. Some of those are great and some of those are tough. It is so true that it is during the tough times we endure that we learn so much. I can honestly say that I have watched the Lord lead me through both tough times and wonderful times in my short life of 23 years already. There have been so many times that I have watched Him take my shattered, broken heart that was in a million pieces, and slowly, in His most perfect way, put it back together again. I am here to tell you that He will NEVER stop doing that!! EVER! My God is so good, and all that He wants is to simply be ALL THAT YOU NEED! It is so easy in the world that we live in, to get consumed in all of Satan’s lies that tell us what we need and how to get it, but the truth is that we already have it; God’s love. He loves us so much, and all He wants is for us to realize that, and choose Him over everything else! This is not a bargain deal friends. He sent His son to die for you and I because He loves us and wants us to follow Him. He did not allow His son to die in order to only save a few, but to save ALL! He already loves you despite the mess-ups, mistakes, and bad choices that you have made thus far! All he asks you to do is simply accept that, and believe it with every part of your being! Friends, He is alive and well, and can do whatever He wants with your life! The best part of this truth is the joy, peace, and contentment we receive in our lives because of the HOPE that we have in Him!


Now, I would like to take some time to be very honest with you. I am here to confess that even though I have known this truth for my entire life almost, I am STILL sinful. We all are. Even though I know the love and hope of my sweet, sweet savior, I have still followed the path of sin in my life so many times. Too many times to count actually, and I am here to tell you that HE NEVER LETS YOU GO! As I said before, I have had many different seasons throughout my Christian life. I have had times where I was simply going through the motions of life, times of hurting, times of pain, times of regret, times of passion for Christ, times of joy, times of peace, times when I felt so close, and times when I felt so far away. I know that He has never left though, despite how horrible or wonderful times were. He is constant. Throughout all of these times I have realized how incapable, small, and weak I am, and how mighty, gracious, and powerful He is. I have learned that I am capable of nothing without Him, and how easy it is for me to drift away. Friends, this is why it is so important for us to stay grounded in His word and be armed with His shield in order to have His strength and wisdom within us when temptation comes our way! I know without a doubt that Satan is alive and well today, and ready to bring you down at any moment, and in any way He can. Beware! Because He will use the one area or thing that you are weakest in to do it too! Sweet brothers and sisters I cry out to you to cling to our Lord and Savior every single day of your lives, because all that this world will do is break you and shatter your heart over and over again. I have learned this the hard way too many times, and I only am able to have the perspective and passion for Christ that I have because of His unconditional love and grace that is so present in my life! Who am I? I am a child of the King! Every day, I surrender everything I am to Him, because I DO NOT want control! It only leads to hurt and pain for myself and those that I love and care about! Lessons learned hurt sometimes, but that is only because I put myself in the wrong situations. I want you to know that I love you and am praying for you, because we all need Him to constantly intervene in our lives. We are naturally sinful, and every day we have to fight the battle for Christ! Don’t give in to the lies of this world. Stand strong and hold on even when it’s tough, because He is always right beside you, even if you don’t know it! 

PS- I wanted to add one other word of truth. No matter how "close to the Lord you are" or how "good" you think you are, you are not an exception to sin. Though you may not mean to, it is so easy to enter into this mindset after you have been a follower of Christ for a long time, and seen Him do amazing things in your life. It is easy to feel invincible, but you are not. To be honest, it is in those moments, that Satan is ready to strike. Never lose sight of the humbleness of our Savior, and plea for Him to constantly align your desires with His! As I said before, ground yourself in His word! Trust Him, even when you get impatient in life. He is the only one who needs to be in control! Love and best wishes until I write you again!

holly

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment