Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tidy Tuesday Tip!

Since my sophmore year in high school I have had my own cleaning business. My whole life I have been a slight clean freak (I admit it!) so this was the perfect job for me. I have been so blessed to have this oppurtunity to work and make money throughout college. This job also allows for plenty of scheduling flexibility since each semester of my life tends to change right now! I have six of the most wonderful clients that I truly love and adore! All this to say, I thought that since I spend so much of my time cleaning that I would share a special tip each week that I have learned along the way! I hope these are helpful to you in your home! Today's tip is an idea that I got from a family member, and it is Homemade Dishwasher Detergent! This is a way to save pennies while also getting your dishes clean and sparkling! An idea that she had was to store this in a pretty glass jar on your counter! I like to put a small scoop in mine for easier use! Just combine the following ingredients and put one tablespoon in the detergent holder in the dishwasher and one in the pre wash holder! Quick, Easy, and Cheap!

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
1 1/2 c. Borax
1 1/2 c. Baking Soda
1/2 c. Kosher Salt
1/2 c. Lemishine



No comments:

Post a Comment