Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Stone Mountain 4th of July!




The 4th of Course!

Hey ya'll!
My how the time flies! It feels like it has been centuries since I lasted updated my blog! I am so sorry for the delay. Since school ended for me in May I do not think that I have stopped! I have been working and traveling all over. I have so many stories to tell about my adventures, but I want to tell them all in individual posts so that I can not miss any details! A sneak peak of those will include a mission trip to the Dominican Republic, Disney World Auditions, and a Proposal! Those will be coming soon. I have also got to update my Tidy Tuesday Tips and Sunday Sampler Menus. Today I want to tell you about my latest celebration, The 4th of July! I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th! We are so blessed to live in this country!

Unfortunately, almost all of my family was out of town for the fourth of July:( So, some sweet friends of mine let me tag along on and celebrate the fourth with them at Stone Mountain! It was so much fun. They were staying at the hotel in Stone Mountain for a few days, so my friend and I got to sit and sun by the pool all day! A day in paradise :)  Though it was hot, the refreshing water kept us cool! At dinner time we met up with the rest of  our party on The Lawn. I had no idea that many people could fit in their! There were so many people...litereally thousands! We had a great time and enjoyed our food and fellowship! Stone Mountain put on a fantastic fireworks show! My friend has a baby and he fell asleep right before the show started and slept all the way through it! Can you believe that?! We were amazed! We arrived at home at 12:30 in the morning! Ahhh! Though it was late we had a exciting time and I am truly thankful for them including me in the fun! God Bless!


Red, White, and Crispie!

I also wanted to tell you about these cute rice crispie treats that I made for our 4th of July celebration! They were red, white, and blue! Super easy and a cute touch to our fouth meal!



I found this cute recipe online and just knew I had to make them for the 4th! Here are the directions!

SUPPLIES:

- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package marshmallows
- 3 TB margarine or butter
- Food coloring (red and blue – I like Betty Crocker Gel Food Colors)

DIRECTIONS:



1. Gather your supplies and divide the rice krispies and marshmallows in three for the three layers.



2. I like to microwave my marshmallows because it’s easier. I stick them in for a few minutes or until they start to get big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well and add the food coloring. Then add the 2 cups of Rice Krispies and stir well. Press into well greased 9×13 or 9×9 depending on the thickness of your treats. I wanted mine more thick so I used a 9×9.



3. Do this for all 3 layers starting with the blue, then white and then red. Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.



4. Let set for a bit, then cut, serve and enjoy!



So festive and fun for the fourth. And best of all – EASY!!

ENJOY!


Be back later with more updates! Have a superb Sunday and God Bless!
. . . Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment