Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day # 2 of Smoothies!

Hi friends! Here are the smoothie recipes that I enjoyed today! I think my favorite part of this challenge is creating all of the fun names for my smoothies! Both of these smoothies were delicious! I do have to admit that the "Tooty-Fruity Smoothie" did not keep me full for very long. In fact, I actually splurged at super tonight and ate a little too much because I was so hungry. I made Poppy-seed Chicken Casserole for my family, and it was delicious! I also broke into the chocolate chip cookies for dessert! Whoops :(  (Not very happy about this!) Therefore, I would definitely advise eating a substantial snack after this smoothie in order to feel fuller longer. I also wanted to let you know that I have decided to make a slight change to the smoothie challenge. I know that it is better to get the majority of your calories in the  morning, so that you burn them off throughout your daily activities. Therefore, I have decided to change my two smoothies a day to lunch and dinner. Hopefully, this will be more beneficial to you as well. By doing this, you will be able to eat what you would like for breakfast and then eat your smoothies later in the day. This will help prevent eating too much at night right before you go to bed. It also will allow a little more freedom for breakfast meals! Make it something yummy! Exercising and eating right is a process, and sometimes we find out things need to be changed! No big deal! Back on track tomorrow! Remember to drink LOTS of water! Enjoy! Can't wait to bring you new recipes tomorrow!

-holly

PB&J Smoothie
4 ounces plain nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 c. chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
1 small frozen banana
1 tbs. almond butter
½ c. almond milk
½ c. crushed ice

Pour all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.


Tooty-Fruity Smoothie!
1 c. strawberries
¼ c. pineapple
¼ c. red grapes
1 c. almond milk
1 c. spinach
1 small frozen banana

Pour all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment