Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tahoe Week #2

What an exciting week that it has been! I was really able to see how ministry works in Tahoe this week and am slowly learning the ropes of everything around here! I also have been able to travel around in the city a little more and explore many of the shops and cafe's they have to offer! I think my favorite part of Tahoe so far has been how active the community is and how many outdoor things there are to do! There is hiking, skiing, boating, shopping, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing just to name a few!! Here are some pictures from a hike that I took last weekend! This is Eagle Rock!





I cannot begin to explain the beauty of this part of the country and I am so thankful to be able to be apart of it!

This was also an amazing week serving the church and community . I will actually be teaching for the first time this week with my own class!! The staff at the church has allowed me a lot of time to get to know how everything works and see it in action!! There are so many wonderful people here and I am so thankful to be in a position where I can share and show the love of our Savior to them! I can't wait to tell you how my first week of teaching goes! Our bible focus for this week in my class is going to be 'creation'! I have got a lot of fun activities planned to hopefully make this amazing story come alive and be real to some of these children who have never heard it!

Last Friday some friends and I went Ice Skating! This is one of my most favorite activities to do!! Here are some pictures from our adventure! The Northstar ski resort is where we went and it was a blast!!


On Saturday Sam and I did some baking for some people in the community! This is another one of my favorite things to do!  A sweet lady in our church gave us a whole basket of persimmons and before they went bad we decided to make something out of them! We made lots and lots of persimmon muffins and cookies! They were delicious though there are so many that they are coming out of our ears now!! We have been giving them away constantly because there is no way we can eat all of them!


This experience has been amazing so far and everyday that I get out of bed I cannot wait to see what God is going to do! I am one of the luckiest and most blessed girls in the world to be here! I absolutely love it! I wanted to share this word of encouragement with you this week...


I know that I am definitely not perfect and I admit that I have made my share of mistakes in life, but through Gods amazing grace I know that it is for this cause that I was born! No matter what I face or go through I know that my Savior is with me and everyday of my life is for Him! I don't know what all God has in store for my life here in California but I know that it is for a purpose and a reason! I am here to love just as I have been loved! I never would have thought this is where I would end up, but here I am and I am determined to live every moment of my life for God! I'm simply not satisfied if I don't!

I send lots of love and prayers to my family and friends back home this week! I miss you so much and cannot wait to share more about my life in Cali with you! XOXO!







No comments:

Post a Comment