Saturday, January 18, 2014

Tahoe Week #3

Whew! What a week it has been! I have to be honest and say that I have been looking forwar to this long MLK weekend! As I told you before, this past week my class studied the creation story! We had a blast! We went on a nature hunt, created animal calls, made star and moon mobiles and so much more! Here are some pictures of our "creations!" Next week we are going to study Noah's ark!



I am so excited because I have now started singing in church! It has been wonderful! This is definitely my true passion and I am so thankful to use my gifts here too! 

This past week we were required to get CPR certified and boy was to a long night! We all made it through and I passed! Yay!! Glad to get that out of the way!

Last Saturday we went on a beautiful hike called Paige Meadows! We got a little of track for a while (lol!) but soon found our way! We also did some climbing to a small creek! Here are some pictures from our adventure! After the hike we visited some of the shops downtown, got ski stuff for ski ministry, and went to the grocery store! It was a relaxing yet productive Saturday!



On Sunday Sam and I made Pot Roast for supper! Our goal is to have one meal as a group every week! Tomorrow we are going shopping in Roseville and we may get to eat at a Cheesecake Factory! Delicious!


Weather Report!
We still have not had any more snow:( I would really ask that you pray for snow and for the families here. Many families are really struggling financially because so many of their jobs depend on the snow. It is getting pretty scary and the governor of California is about to declare a drought in the state. Please pray for February snow! 


I love and miss all of my family and friends so much! I do know though that even though I am not with you God has provided me with such a wonderful, supportive family here! When I stop and think about where I am, what I  am doing, and what kind of things God is doing in my life right now, happy tears fill my eyes. I don't deserve this friends, but I have such a gracious Heavenly Father who loves me and you unconditionally. Therefore, I encourage you to trust Him no matter what is happening in your life, because He will come through! He always does! Yesterday I was telling my class the story about Noah...we are taking about trusting God with everything in our lives. I simply shared my heart with these 1st and 2nd graders about how trusting God has brought me here to them. I was a amazed at how much they understood what that meant! It brought tears to my eyes! We are all hungry for love whether we are 8 or 88! I have definately not done life perfect, and I have plenty of mistakes and mess-ups in my back pocket, but God has NEVER left my side! Run to Him today! Bless you all! I love you!

Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment