Monday, January 27, 2014

Tahoe Week #4

Hi friends and family! I wanted to share this encouraging devotion that I received from the home missionary here this week!

Forget the Past
by Charles R. Swindoll

If anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creature,
the old things passed away;
behold, new things have come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

Some of the unhappiest people I've ever known are living their lives looking over their shoulder. 

What a waste! Nothing back there can be changed.

What's in the past? Only two things: great attainments and accomplishments that could either make us proud by reliving them or indifferent by resting on them . . . or failures and defeats that cannot help but arouse feelings of guilt and shame. Why in the world would anyone want to return to that quagmire? I've never been able to figure that one out.

By recalling those inglorious, ineffective events of yesterday, our energy is sapped for facing the demands of today. Rehearsing those wrongs, now forgiven in grace, derails and demoralizes us. There are few joy stealers more insidious than past memories that haunt our minds. . . . 

Forget the past!


This was so encouraging to me in understanding that no matter where I or you have been, we are NEVER too far from God!


This week was full of adventure for me! I went on a 5 mile hike and went skiing!! The recreation here in Tahoe is what keeps this place running! There is so much to do and it is so fun! Here are some pictures from skiing and hiking!







I am so blessed to be here and have the opportunity to do so many amazing things! Not only that, but also share the love if our Savior everyday! God is so good! 

We have finally gotten snow! Woohoo! Unfortunately that means lots if shoveling for me, but great for the community! Thank you Jesus! I think that there is more in the forecast this week too!!

I want to leave you with this message of encouragement today! I love each of you and am praying for you daily!!


Love,
holly










No comments:

Post a Comment