Friday, March 2, 2012

The Sunday Sampler!

As a college student, I definately know what it means to be completely broke at times! In order to try to save a little money and try to budget better I have initiated operation "Money Saving March!" This month I plan to try and save money in all areas of my life to the best of my ability! You can also check out my "College Girls Love Free Stuff" tab for additional deals and coupons I come across. Food seems to be one of the areas I tend to spend the most money at times, so I have decided to begin a weekly dinner menu post. I am going to plan a weekly dinner menu every Friday for the upcoming week. These dinner ideas will be simple and healthy for any on the go college chick! I have posted my first dinner menu for the week of 3/5-3/9. I am just going to create a menu for Monday thru Friday...on the weekends you can go home and eat mama's food!

...................

happy eating!
Holly



...................
Stay-in and Save!
Day of the Week:                                   What to eat:
Monday
Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Peaches & Cream Muffins

Tuesday
Campbell’s New England Clam Chowder w/ Grilled Cheese Sticks

Wednesday
Taco Soup and Fritos Scoops

Thursday
Holly’s Chicken Salad Sandwich w/ Carrot Salad

Friday
Healthy Frozen Pizza and House salad


.....................
the recipes
Peaches & Cream Muffins:          Preheat oven to 350. Coat the cups of 12 muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 c. self-rising flour, 2 sticks melted unsalted butter, 1 c. sour cream, ¼ c. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Gently fold in 1 15 oz. can of sliced peaches that have been drained and chopped into ¼ in. pieces. Pour batter into muffins tins and bake for 30-35 min.
Grilled Cheese Sticks: Make a regular grilled cheese sandwich and then cut sandwich into 1 in. strips to use for dipping!
Taco Soup: Combine 1 can of whole kernel corn, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, 1 pack taco seasoning mix, and 1 pack polish sausage in a crock pot and allow to heat thru.
Chicken Salad: Boil 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast till cooked thru. Cool and chop in small pieces. Add ¼ c. chopped celery, ¼ c. chopped red onion, ¼ c. chopped parsley, ½ tsp. lemon juice, ½ c. mayo, and salt and pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate.
Carrot Salad: Stir together 1 16 oz. package of shredded carrots, 3 tbs. orange juice, and 1/3 c. raisins in bowl and refrigerate.
“Healthy Frozen Pizza” from local Whole Foods grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment