Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Gift of Giving Back!


At this time of year with all of the hustle bustle and Christmas spirit it is so easy to get caught up in the decoration, dessert, and present excitement. These are all such wonderful things that I am so thankful to have the opportunity to experience …but what about those who don’t? This Christmas I am making it my personal goal to keep my ears, eyes, and mind open to the true meaning of Christmas and constantly be aware of how I can share it. It is so easy to get comfortable and content in our own little worlds and families. We forget that there are so many out there that have nothing and no one. This breaks my heart to even think about and It makes me want to go out and be with all of them on Christmas Day, but I know I can’t do that. The thrilling news though is that God can! He can be with every one of them and comfort them and love them and I know that He will!

Trust me, as happy and exciting as the holidays are I know that there can be stressful times. I believe every family has them. Preparing the food, wrapping the presents, shopping, making plans, it all takes a lot of energy! So, I ask, that in that moment of stress; in that moment when you feel that you are going to pull your hair out, stop, and pray for those who have nothing. In that time you will realize it doesn’t matter how stressful the situation might be, at least you have loved ones surrounding you and love that fills your home. God can do anything and I know that if we all take some time to share the love that He gives us every day, He can do the unexpected! So I ask you, will you take this challenge with me? Keep your ears, eyes, and minds open to whatever the Lord has to show and share with you? He will never give you something that you can’t handle!

I love you all so much! Thank you for taking the time to read what the Lord lays on my heart and I hope it is encouragement for you during this holiday season! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
3 And everyone went to his own town to register. 4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.

6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born,
7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ [a] the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about." 16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,
18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Luke 2:1-20

Love,
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment