Saturday, December 29, 2012

the Truth about Ruth...

Today I finished reading the book of Ruth! What an amazing woman of God with such an amazing story! It is honestly my daily prayer to have the strength and ability to hand over my life to God and not control it on my own. How faithfully Ruth lived her life in serving the Lord, though at times it would have been much easier to give up and go her own way!

Things I’ve learned:
-          When Ruth went out to the fields God provided for her. If you are waiting for God to provide, consider this: He may be waiting for you to take the first step to demonstrate just how important your need is.
-          Ruth’s task, though menial, tiring, and perhaps degrading, was done faithfully. The task at hand may be all you can do, or it may be the work God wants you to do. Or, in Ruth’s case, it may be a test of your character that can open up new doors of opportunity.
-          A good reputation comes by consistently living out the qualities you believe in—no matter what group of people or surroundings you are in.
-          Though Ruth may not have recognized God’s guidance, he had been with her every step of the way. As you go about your daily tasks, God is working in your life in ways you may not even notice. We must not close the door on what God can do. Events do not occur by lick or coincidence. We should have faith that God is directing our lives for His purpose!
-          We have a Redeemer in Jesus Christ, just as Boaz was for Ruth. He came to earth as a man in order to save us. By His death on the cross, he has redeemed us from sin and hopelessness and thereby purchased us to be his own possession. This guarantees our eternal inheritance!
-          Just as Ruth was unaware of her larger purpose in life, we will not know the full purpose and importance of our lives until we are able to look back from the perspective of eternity. We must make our choices with God’s eternal values in mind! Taking moral shortcuts and living for short range pleasures are not good ways to move ahead. Because of Ruth’s faithful obedience, her life and legacy were significant even though she couldn’t see all the results. Live in faithfulness to God, knowing that the significance of your life will extend beyond your lifetime!
(Reference NKJ footnotes)
What’s next?!
I am absolutely ecstatic right now because the Lord has opened the door for me to be able to travel to Mexico for a week and visit family literally in the last 12 hours! Currently, my head is spinning with all of the packing and running I have been doing to get ready! At 9:45 tomorrow morning I am Mexico bound! I am so thankful for the ability to do this and it is my prayer that the Lord will use my life while I am there!  Believe meI am ready! I know that He will be with me every second of every day! I will try to make a post at least once while I am there to fill everyone in on how the trip is going! How blessed I am! Lots of Love and I hope you all have a BLESSED and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, To open blind eyes, To bring prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.”
Isaiah 42: 6-7
In Him,
holly


No comments:

Post a Comment